The BC/Yukon Command of the Royal Canadian Legion Foundation is the charitable arm of the BC/Yukon Command of the Royal Canadian Legion. Established in 1997, we are a registered charitable organization that serves communities across British Columbia and the Yukon. Through the generous donations of individuals and Legion branches, we are able to have a collective impact across British Columbia and the Yukon.
Our objective is to care for Veterans, first responders and their families; and seniors in local communities. We do this by running and providing funding directly to following initiatives:
Support for Veterans experiencing homelessness
- Leave the Streets Behind: Comfort bags provide provisions while a Veteran is awaiting housing. Apartment kits provide basic household goods once permanent housing is located.
- Veterans House Victoria (formerly Cockrell House): Supportive transitional housing to help Veterans get back on their feet again.
- Career transition services: Veterans are able to fast-track their career options by gaining university credit for skills acquired while serving.
- Mental health: Small group counselling provided by specifically trained psychologists with peer support from other Veterans.
- Service dogs: ADI accredited and trained dogs help provide a lifeline for their Veteran.
- Research in trauma and PTSD: Funding research projects and programs that investigate solutions and treatments to the unique struggles of Veterans.
- Medical supports: Medical services and equipment that help Veterans recover from injury.