Since 1997, the Legion Foundation BC/Yukon has awarded thousands of dollars in grants to local organizations.
Grants are open to registered charities that operate primarily in British Columbia or the Yukon. Projects must support the Legion Foundation BC/Yukon mission of helping veterans, seniors or youth in local communities and must already be 90% or more funded.
Projects must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- activities or programs that provide medical, social or other services, equipment and facilities
- facilitate and promote research into medical problems faced by veterans or seniors
- programs that enable young people to attend post-secondary or other programs that enhance the mental, physical and social well-being and provide
- education and training to achieve a reasonable and sustainable quality of life
Successful organizations may be asked to:
- Use the grant funds only as specified in the approved grant proposal.
- Maintain records to show and account for the uses of grant funds.
- Allow The Legion Foundation access to records to verify grant expenditures and activities.
- Provide written acknowledgement of receipt of payments of grant funds.
- Repay any portion of the funds not used for the specified purposes.
- Refrain from use of the funds for any purpose prohibited by law.
- Cooperate with any efforts of The Legion Foundation to publicize the grant award.
- Comply with reasonable requests for information about program activities.
- Complete a program and financial report for the project within 60 days after the completion of the grant period.
How to Apply
Grant applications for 2022 are now closed. Applications are reviewed once per year and open August 1. Deadline submissions are due by September 15. Please allow 8 weeks following the application deadline to receive a response regarding your application status.
Previous Grant Recipients
Some of our previous recipients include:
- Columbus Residence
- Backpack Buddies
- Abbeyfield House of Vernon Society
- Wavefront Centre for Communication Accessibility
- Fraser Region Community Justice Initiatives Association
- Canucks Autism Network Society
- KBRH Health Foundation
- Aboutface Craniofacial Family Society
- Victoria Brain Injury Society
- Needs2 Suicide Prevention
If you have any questions about the grant application process, please contact Amber Stewart, Executive Director, directly at 604-579-0087 or by email to email@example.com.